Saturday, November 17, 2012

Crock pot lasagne!

There's nothing better than having dinner ready to eat with no last-minute preparation, and I love avoiding that dinner time rush by using my crock pot at least once or twice per week!  I usually do meat and try to avoid pasta or veggies in the slow cooker as they tend to get mushy, but I do have a recipe for lasagne that I absolutely love.....and so does my family ;)  I've had several requests for the recipe, and I wanted to share it.  It's tweaked a bit to feed my large family, and even with all it makes, I still have to have a loaf of bread and a salad or veggie to go with it as it only goes around once!

*2lbs hamburger
*4 cans (15oz each) tomato sauce
*2 tsp dried basil
*1 tsp oregano
*1/2 tsp salt
*3 cups mozzarella cheese
*15oz ricotta cheese
*1 cup grated parmesan
*15 uncooked lasagne noodles

~cook hamburger
~stir in tomato sauce, basil, oregano & salt
~in a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of mozzarella & all of the ricotta and parmesan cheeses
~spoon 1/4 of the sauce into the bottom of the crock pot
~top with 5 noodles, broken to fit
~spread half of cheese mixture on top of noodles
~then 1/4 of sauce, 5 more noodles, remaining cheese mixture, 1/4 of sauce, 5 more noodles and remaining sauce
~cover and cook on low 4-6 hours
~sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top, cover and let stand to melt cheese

Enjoy!!

5 comments:

a portland granny said...

I saw your picture of the crock pot full...and the thing that impressed me was the liner!! I didn't know they made such a thing. What a gift that is to a busy mom.

Thanks for sharing--sounds yummy!!

Jenny said...

Yep! You can get the liners in the aisle with the tin foil, wax paper, etc! Reynolds makes them and they are fabulous!! I never have to wash my crockpot

Tracy said...

It sounds really good! I'll have to try this out!

Tracy said...

This sounds really good! I'll have to try it out!

Laura said...

Made it to it! The whole family loved it! Thanks so much for the tip. It was great. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin