Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas decorations 2012

Linking up with Kelly's Korner today for the Christmas home tour!!

We decided to decorate early this year (before Thanksgiving) because my parents were coming to spend about 10 days over Thanksgiving week, and I didn't want to decorate while they were here.  I probably won't do it again in the future, but I must admit that it was nice to have it all done and to just relax over the holidays :)  

We were fortunate to have access to the owner's 12-foot pre-lit Christmas tree.....perfect for the high ceiling in the living room.  The problem was keeping it up!


We finally ended up securing it with fishing line ;)  

In addition to the fake tree, we added a wonderful real tree in the hearth room, perfect for our favorite family ornaments!


So here's the outside




It pretty much speaks for itself ;)






Mistletoe ball!






I have this coat rack hanging in the entryway


(excuse the blur!)


Looking into the living room from the entry


Shutter I have in the corner of the dining room


The dining room


I kept the table really simple this year because we eat at it every night, and I need to be able to easily move the centerpiece.


Trees in the dining room


Country Christmas decorations :)


Back into the entry way










I have garland above all of the doorways 


And on the railing 


On the built-in shelves in the living room I have our nativity and some other pieces from Europe


The nativity is actually from Ecuador.  The pieces are all made of dough and hand-painted!  When the girls were little, my parents actually lived in Ecuador, and we went to the village where they made all of the pieces.  I also have a bunch of ornaments for the tree!


The other set of shelves


(blur...I didn't want to use my flash!)


Here's our little smoking incense guy from Germany (my sister lives there now & I lived there for 2 years during my teens)






We got new stockings this year


And I was so excited to find these pins at Target to help us keep them all straight!  There's nothing worse than trying to remember who had which stocking on Christmas Eve ;)










The living room tree decorated


I meant to put ribbon on the tree before we decorated, but I forgot....


....and putting it on after it was decorated was NOT an option!


The real tree in the hearth room 


The mantle in the hearth room




Kids' area :)  The basket holds our Fisher Price Christmas toys










Kitchen table


Snowflakes by Allie ;)


Kitchen






Here is the kids' Christmas book basket and a wooden nativity play set in a basket




A close-up of the decorations on the hearth room mantle




Allie made the burlap banners for me :)


And that's the tour :)




13 comments:

Heather said...

I forgot to put the ribbon on before all the decorations this year, too. I felt my tree was still bare, though, so I went ahead and put the ribbon on vertically, like waves of ribbon cascading down the tree - I really like it!

feedingmypickyeaters said...

You have got to move to NC so you can help me decorate!!! I love your style and all of your accessories. I don't know where you find such neat ones and your garlands are beautiful too. Can Allie do a post on how to do that garland because I have been wanting to make one :)
Love following you guys! Merry Christmas!!!!

feedingmypickyeaters said...

Love all of it and you really must move to NC to help me decorate!!! I am also curious about how to make the banner and where you find such great accessories and garland.
I enjoy your blog so much!!
Merry Christmas!!!

mindy m. said...

No sure there were enough photos in your post!

lol

Gorgeous home!

Tracy said...

How pretty!!!

a portland granny said...

Thanks for sharing!! As usual, everything is wonderful. Such a treat to be able to view this Christmas tour of your beautiful home!

(I'm glad you are posting again)

a portland granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy's World said...

Everything is so beautiful. I love your real tree. What kind is it? I don't think you could have found a more perfect tree.

I love all of your country decorations.

Thanks for sharing!

Cathy
:)

Amanda Sikes said...

I love it!! We are decorating very slowly this year which is different for us but I am liking it. It is making the season build slowly.

Ashley Rahar said...

Jenny,
I LOVE taking tours of all your homes, at the different seasons! My favorites of these are the outdoor decorations...probably because I dream of decorating out door but never do. It's all beautiful! I also really loved your stockings. I too, wanted to get new stockings this year, as we have some from PB Kids, but I caved and just bought another one for our newest addiction when I couldn't find enough of the style I liked...LIKE YOURS! WHERE did you get them?! And I LOVE the pins...what a cute idea if your names all have different initials. Ours have our names monogrammed. Super cute and super pretty! I also have to give you a round of applause for not only decorating your rental, but being able to FIND your decorations...I've lost an entire box of specialty ornaments this year! :(
Ashley

shanalex said...

hi jenny,
where did you find your stockings? the house looks great.

shanna

Mommy Mandy said...

Your house is absolutely stunning...I love it all!!

www.mommymandymusings.com

Holly said...

Beautiful home! I love the 12ft Christmas tree :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin